This Privacy Statement informs you about the type of personal data that is collected and received through our website xperian.school (“website”) and application forms related to the Tracks & Courses offered by Xperian School. This page also details how we use, retain and protect such personal data.
We are Xperian, an Indian company based in Hyderabad with address at Road No. 45, Ayyappa Society, Hitec City, Hyderabad, Telangana, India - 500081. We are the controller responsible for the processing of personal data through the website and linked forms.
Firstly, at Xperian, we collect personal data that you choose to voluntarily provide to us for your use of the website and getting updates on Xperian School.
Your personal is collected through the website, linked application forms and using cookies and similar technologies like local storage when you visit the website. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
We may collect and receive the following personal data from you through our website and application forms:
1. Name and contact details (such as name, address, email, username, fax and phone numbers);2. Information on your use of the website.3. Traffic data (such as your Internet usage).4. Any other information that you have provided us (such as your LinkedIn profile link and whether you would like to receive our newsletter).
We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed below. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
We may use the personal data we collect and receive for the following purposes:
1. To create an account for your use of the website;
2. To provide detailed information on Xperian School;
3. To analyze how the website is used, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page;
4. To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
5. To contact you, such as by sending personalized emails, about our products and services from Xperian School or to send you our newsletter.
We process personal data because this is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, for our compliance with our legal obligations and for the purpose of our legitimate interests(e.g. we cannot create an account for you if you choose not to share your personal data with us).
In particular, our legitimate interests are our commercial company interest (e.g. to improve our products and services), our interest to make use of direct marketing, our interest to prevent fraud and our interest to report possible criminal acts or threats to competent authorities.
We value your privacy. We do not share, sell, rent or trade your personal data to third party services and public authorities. In case we need to share any data for safety and protection of ourselves and public, we will do necessary efforts to inform you of the usage that is consistent with applicable law and this Privacy Satement.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data.
1. The right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on whether or not your personal data are being processed and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form;
2. The right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of or objection to processing of your personal data. You may also request us to provide you your data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format which can be transmitted to another controller.
3. To exercise these rights, please contact us using our contact details set out below. We may request you to provide a copy of your ID card or otherwise evidence your identity. We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory term.
Moreover, subject to this Privacy Statement, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Cookies are bits of text that are placed on your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit certain websites. Cookies hold information that may be accessible by the party that places the cookie, which is either the website itself (first-party cookie) or a third party (third-party cookies).
1. To gather website statistical data to analyze how our users use the website, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page. These cookies are placed by the domain https://xperian.school;
2. To provide authentication (i.e. to keep you logged in between sessions). The information collected using local storage is stored on your browser and persists after your browser is closed.
Your IP address will be masked by setting the last octet of your IP address to zero before it is stored by Google. Google will use this information to monitor your use of our website, and to compile reports on website activity for us. Based on our agreement with Google, Google is not allowed to use this information for their own purposes and may only transfer this information to third parties where required by law, or where such third parties process information on Google’s behalf.
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
However, due the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored is absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect or receive the personal data, except if required otherwise by applicable law.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes to this Privacy Statement on the website or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication, unless otherwise provided in the notification.
If you have any comments or inquiries about the information in this Privacy Statement, if you would like us to update your personal data, or to exercise your rights, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.